Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pioneer Day

Provo puts on quite the Pioneer Day Extravaganza! I've always thought about going in the past but it's usually pretty hot and I don't feel like being in the sun that much. But this year I decided to load up the boys and go. Montana was working so I just went with the boys. They had so many fun pioneer things for the kids to do. We did a scavenger hunt, candle making, lasso a bull, pan for gold, prairie obstacle course, wood branding, duck shoot, made a pouch for trail mix, made moustaches, sat on an old fire truck, and a sling shot game. The boys got a balloon, some candy, and coupons! Mason told me before we left that he didn't want to go and that it would be boring. But by the end, he didn't want to leave. He had a blast! And the weather wasn't too terribly warm.










1 comment:

Austin and Amy Smith said...

Bummed I didn't get in the post or the pictures!!! Let me just say - she came with a little extra encouragement from me ;) Love ya Mel!