Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Yesterday, when we went to see Peyton, he opened his eyes for me and looked around for a little bit. He even let me get a good picture. So, enjoy this one of him! It's the first time that I have really seen his eyes since before surgery.

He seems to be doing really well. The pneumonia is pretty much gone but he still has fluid around his lungs. They are giving him medicine to reduce that fluid. He is being weaned off the ventilator and will hopefully be completely off that in the next couple of days. All in all, he is looking good and improving every day.

Also, after I saw Peyton today, I showed Mason a picture because he always wants to go and see him. While he was looking at the pictures, he turned to me and said, "I just wanted to love him and kiss him". He misses his brother so much and asks us every day if Peyton is going to come home!

This next picture is of Mason dressed up in his new Sunday Suit. Doesn't he look handsome?!?

And, of course, we want to wish everybody a very Happy New Year. We can't wait to write up our goals and get started on them. We look forward to a great year and many blessings as Peyton continues to heal and recover and hopefully come home soon!

No comments: