Monday, June 18, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer and Father's Day

We haven't had any real plans this summer so we just go with the flow! One day, the boys were bored and I suggested we build a fort. They are all for it cause mom was gonna let them make a mess...and play in it! I pulled out lots of blankets and we made it in the boys' room. Peyton and Tanner played in it for awhile but Mason was bored with it within minutes of finishing. Oh, well, we can't make everybody happy ALL THE TIME!





We also went to Summerfest...like we do every year. We split it up into two days cause the first day was so hot. And then a storm rolled through and the second day was beautiful! The kids love to ride on some of the rides. Peyton even got his face painted this year! And, of course, there are things like corn on the cob that supposedly taste better at Summerfest!






I decided to take a week in June and head to my mom's. I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to cook. So, my mom cooked for us and I relaxed and rested. One day, while we were there, we took the kids to the walking bridge that goes across I-15. We packed a lunch and ate on top of the bridge. The kids tried to see how many trucks and cars they could get to honk at them! They were so cute! This is something that my Grandma Wall used to take us to do every summer when we would come visit. Now, my mom gets to take her grandkids! It was so fun to see the excitement on the kids' faces...especially when someone would honk!




This year for Father's Day, the kids and I decided to make a candy bar card for Montana and get him a rocket! Montana had been asking for a rocket so I figured this was the best time. When he opened it, he couldn't wait to use it. Too bad Father's Day is on a Sunday. He promptly took the boys and the rocket out on Monday morning. It wasn't a great break for Montana because I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I didn't sit on the stand so that Montana wouldn't have to have the boys by himself on his "day off". And then Tanner was on one that day so it was the greatest for Montana. And I have been sick lately and have had very little energy. I guess we'll just have to make it up to him later! He is such a good dad and we appreciate all he does for us!!!




Next Up - THE BEACH.....we are counting down the days!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cute card, and I love Peyton's batman face!