Friday, November 18, 2011

I had a birthday...

Yep it's true....I had a birthday. And I'm almost old!



I had a great day. It all started on Wednesday. We decided to celebrate with just us and a good friend and her son that night.



Montana had to work on Thursday (my actual birthday). So, Mason and Peyton made their presents for me and Montana made the cake and decorated it. Mason made me a card and a crown.



Peyton made me a bracelet.



And then I opened the present from Montana...that I had picked out and told him to get for me.



I got Zumba Party for WII.



We ate cake and ice cream and had a fun little evening!

I woke up Thursday morning assuming that I would take Mason to school, go pick up my double stroller so that I could pick Mason up from school (since Montana was taking the car to work), and go on a little date with Montana that morning. Well, I called Kassie and she said she was just going to call me. She said that we were going that evening to get manicures. So then I looked at Montana and said, "You're not going to work, are you?". And he said nope. We dropped Peyton and Tanner off at a friend's (Amy Smith) house and headed to the bookstore. We got some hot chocolate and wandered around. Then we went to the mall and wandered there. I got some new slippers and then we hit up Red Robin to get my free birthday burger.

We picked up the boys and headed back home. I put Tanner down for a nap and just relaxed until Mason got done with school. Then we did homework and headed to Kassie's home to drop off the boys and pick up Kassie. Kassie and I headed to the Aveda Institute for our manicures. It took quite a while since it's a school but it was so nice and wonderful. Then we headed back to her house to pick up the boys. And when I walked in, there was a surprise party waiting for me!

I had no idea until we drove up to Kassie's home and I saw a friend's car and then I saw the happy birthday sign hanging in Kassie's kitchen. Oh well! It was still fun and I didn't know who all came until I walked in. Montana kept the secret sooooo well. My friend, Amy, had picked up a Costco cake and then Laurel walked in with my final present.



Montana had gotten a "new to me" Kitchen Aid! (But I made a Thayne comment when I saw it... I said, "How much did you spend on it?". I should have just kept my mouth shout. He got a great deal on it and I really do love it!) We visited with friends and then headed home to put the kids to bed.

It was a great birthday...full of surprises and totally not what I was expecting. Montana did a wonderful job on the whole thing. And he even did the dishes and took care of the kids for me. It was such a relaxing day and I didn't want it to end.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday and glad we got to see you even if was just for a minute!