
This past Saturday, Peyton had his Star Raising Party for his Make A Wish trip to Disney World.


I made shirts with the help of a good friend and decided that we would wear them to the party. They turned out super cute. But I only have pictures of the back of the shirts. Maybe I'll get a good picture of the front one day!
We had many family and friends that came to support us and Peyton. We are so grateful for all of them and for taking the time out of their busy days to celebrate Peyton with us!

When we got there, we socialized and waited for everyone to show up.
The kids colored pictures that would later be judged. Then they took us on a tour of the building.
It was really neat to have our friends and family experience the wishing room that we experienced back in June.
There was a scrapbook page for everybody to sign.
I asked Mason to sign it and this is what he said:

We then came back to the party room for cake and Peyton judged the coloring contest.

He chose a picture and nobody claimed it.
So he picked another one...and it was Makoa's picture. Makoa thought it was so great to win! He won a Cars jump rope.
And after that, Peyton decorated his star and raised it to the ceiling. He was so cute as Montana helped him decorate it and raise it up. Peyton didn't want to have anything to do with decorating his star. So, Montana did it and then Peyton wanted Pluto drawn on his star. He asked his Uncle Eric to draw it for him.
When he was raising his star, they played "When You Wish Upon A Star" and the version they played was amazing!

So many people had tears in their eyes. Then Montana thanked everybody for their love and support and for coming to help us celebrate Peyton and his wonderful life!
We went back to the party room and everybody gathered up there stuff and we were outta there....well, everybody else was.
We stayed behind and took lots of pictures and wandered outside by the fountain and gardens.

My sister, Shelise, was so wonderful to take my camera and take pictures for us. She took over 120 pictures and so I've tried to post the best of the best.
When we made it back down to Provo, we decided to stop at Cold Stone since it's Make A Wish month. And I had a good friend that donated to MAW and wrote Peyton's names on the stars they gave her. So, we had to go and see the stars and of course, eat ice cream.
While we were there, the owner of the store was there and we started talking about MAW and explaining that Peyton is a MAW kid. So, he told us to email him a picture of Peyton and he would put it on their posters for the Ice Cream Social that was held on Tuesday night.
I totally emailed the picture over and then we had to go on Tuesday night to see his picture and eat the free ice cream!
So many fun things to do and I continue to shop and pack in between all of it. Mason finished his last day of school today before we head on our trip and my kitchen is being overrun by stuff that I have to pack. So much to do and so little time.....Florida in 3 days! And we can't wait!
Peyton with his wish granters (Vicki on Peyton's right, Amy on Peyton's left).
1 comment:
I'm sorry half our family missed it, but Alexis and Jeremy told me how cool the whole thing was.
Vicki, Peyton's wish granter, lives in my neighborhood! She's in the other ward so I don't really know her, but I see her around a lot.
Post a Comment