Friday, March 12, 2010

Cardiology

Peyton had his cardiology appointment yesterday and I just realized that I should probably post about it. In November, his sats were around 80 and his Cardiologist was talking surgery in the summer/fall. She wanted to see him back in 4 months...right before the baby is born. Well, when we got there, he did great with his weight and height. (His weight is slowly gaining...he's about 28 lbs. and his height is definitely from my family...he's getting tall!) Then, they did the EKG and I say next to him and he didn't cry at all! This is a miracle since he usually screams through the whole thing and it takes forever to get a good reading. He was done with the EKG in about one minute. Then they did his blood pressure (which looked good) and then his sats...and he was at 86! I had to ask the tech if the machine was working right! I didn't want to have false hope. So, when the Cardiologist came in to see him, she couldn't believe how good he looked. She said that we will probably be able to put off surgery for about another year. This will give us time to adjust to the new baby and be able to help Peyton more when the time comes. We will go back in June and they will do another ECHO and keep a close watch on him but all in all, everything looks really good! We always love a good doctor's visit!

Here are a couple of pictures of my boys!


Peyton "cheesing" for the camera!

Tomorrow is Disney On Ice and I'll post pictures of that later!

4 comments:

Shelise said...

YEAH! We always love to hear good news.

Gina said...

Hey, no we're not related to anybody in Provo. My husband's family is all either non-members or have been inactive so long that they might as well be non-members!

And, I'm with Shelise on this one- hooray for good news! Glad you don't have to deal with a surgery right before you have the next baby!

Unknown said...

That's great news. And good luck with your new baby. When are you due? Do you know if it's a girl or a boy?

Anonymous said...

Yay! for no surgery for a while. Your kids look darling