Tuesday, February 5, 2008

No More Hospital Pictures...

...for now! Peyton is home and doing well. He will not take a bottle so he has a feeding tube. We got a pump for his food last night and it is so much easier to hook him up to that then having to hold the syringe up for 45 minutes to an hour while he eats! We met with a speech therapist yesterday about his eating and hopefully she will be able help to teach him again. She believes that right now, he is associating eating with throwing up because he has been doing a little bit of that. Most of what he throws up is mucus and not his food but it still can't be fun! He is on oxygen and it's not real fun to make sure you never step on the cord...especially for Mason who thinks it's a toy! And I can't begin to tell you how many times I have tripped over it even when I know it's sitting right in front of me. We go to the Cardiologist tomorrow and they will do a chest x-ray and an EKG. We are also going to the helmet guy tomorrow to have Peyton's head scanned again. He hasn't had his helmet on since Saturday because it was giving him sores on the side of his head. And his face is red and blotchy because of the tape and things to hold his oxygen on and his feeding tube in place. But other than that, he is doing great. It is fun to have him home...although I don't sleep much at all! He laughs and smiles and is a pretty pleasant baby. He is on 8 different medications and they are scattered throughout the day from 8AM to midnight. It's a good thing I keep track of them or else I would probably forgot most! Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Attached are a few cute pictures...Enjoy!


1 comment:

Ariana said...

glad he's home and doing well.